So, let’s begin.
What is niche or niche market?
For example, Dog Care > Dog Training > German Shepherd Training
Step 1 - Choosing a niche market
Usually, beginners choose a niche based on their common-sense, interests, passion, likings, problems they can solve and so on.
Although choosing a niche based on these factors helps, but it alone won’t guarantee you success.
Follow the steps below to come up with a profitable niche market.
1. Brainstorm ideas - To come up with niche ideas start to find the answers to the following questions:
A. Which are things you like to do the most?
For example, hobbies, skills, activities you enjoy, talents, interests and so on.
B. Problems you would like to solve?
C. Things you would like to learn?
For example, internet marketing, creating eBooks, yoga exercises and so on.
For now, write down all the niche ideas that come up in your mind and move on to the next steps.
2. Find affiliate products - In this step, you need to make sure that there are enough affiliate products available in your niche so that you can promote them on your website.
To find affiliate products, Google search "your main keyword affiliate programs"
You’ll have to promote multiple products on your site; that is how you’ll make money.
For example, dog training niche has many physical products (like dog food, training tools, toys) and digital products (like eBooks, training videos)
3. Find out whether people are spending in your niche - If you want to start a profitable affiliate marketing business, you need to find a niche in which people are known for buying products.
Hence they are willing to invest in training and stuff that will help them to lose their weight.
Because only when they buy products online using your affiliate link will make you money.
4. Other important factors - Finally, you’ll also need to look at the following important factors to zero down your profitable niche.
A. Google Searches - Go to Google Keyword Planner and type in the main niche keyword, make sure your main keywords have more than 10,000 local US searches and more than 300 local US searches per month for other relevant keywords.
B. Google Trends - Go to Google Trends and type in your main niche keyword. If the keyword shows an exponential or stable graph, then it’s a good niche to get in.
C. Blogs, forums, social media groups, magazines - Look out for the number of blogs, discussion forums, social
media groups and magazines related to your niche, if there are lots of them then go for the niche.
D. Advertising - If you see ads on the top and side of the search results when you search for the main keyword then it’s a good sign which indicates that there’s money to be made in this niche. People invest in paid advertising when they know that they can make even more money back.
Step 2 - Creating a customer avatar
3. Information sources
To give you more idea, below, I am creating a customer avatar of a person who wants to make money online by doing affiliate marketing.
- Learn the skill of affiliate marketing
- Earn stable money on the internet
- Quit the existing job
- Live life on his own terms
- Don’t know where to start
- Information overload
- Technical know how
- Not satisfied with the current income
- Unhappy with their job
- Jumping from one opportunity to another
- Limited or no bank balance
Step 3 - Finding a Clickbank product
Go to Clickbank.com, register on it using your email address and log into it.
Follow below steps to find your first affiliate product.
1. Once you’re logged into Clickbank click on the “Marketplace” link present on the top bar.
2. From the list of available categories, choose a category and a sub-category that is relevant to your niche.
3. At this point, you’ll see a list of products, from here you can promote any product you want to promote.
Gravity is a metric provided by Clickbank which indicates how the product is currently selling.
If you go with a product with a higher gravity, you won’t be able to compete with a large number of affiliates.
Step 4 - Getting your affiliate link
Step 5 - Understanding keywords
Step 6 - Creating a keywords list
For example, nootropics, home remedies.
1. Brainstorm primary keywords - This step will be the starting point of your keyword research process. Think about what keywords people will type when they want to find a topic, a solution or achieve a goal related to your niche and make a list of all such keywords.
2. Use Google Keyword Planner for finding secondary keywords - For those who don’t know, Google Keyword Planner is a free tool provided by Google which provides you all the relevant keywords and their search volumes related to your primary keyword.
2. Come up with a creative title - Your article’s title will be the first thing that will catch the eyes of visitors and bring on your website.
Hence, you need to be very creative while crafting a title. Your title should contain two important ingredients.
First, it should generate curiosity and second; it should convey the benefit. You can even add adjectives to make it more click-worthy.
For example, 5 ridiculously simple tricks to make $1000 in next 15 days!
The above example title contains adjective: ridiculously.
3. The article should do what its title says - Most of the website creators make this fundamental mistake of writing articles which contain vague or shallow information which does not share the things that their title says.
If your article contains vague and shallow information, it won’t fulfill people's expectations.
4. Formatting, paragraphs, images and bullet points - Most of the people on the web just scan articles, no one has time to read the whole article word for word until he is extremely passionate.
You should keep this thing in mind while creating your articles.
The aim is to make your content more scannable.
5. Promotion at the end - Don’t start promoting affiliate products at many places in the article.
The aim of your article is to provide value to your visitors, satisfy their need and build trust about you.
6. Remove grammatical mistakes - Silly grammatical mistakes superbly damage the reputation of your article.
It will then check your article for grammatical mistakes and will indicate you about them.
7. Article length - Google nowadays prefers to rank long and detailed articles.
But don’t compromise article’s quality by inserting vague and irrelevant information.